Lisa Giannetto Santilli's Blog
The first line of thinking when it comes to losing weight is either sweating it out in the gym or practicing a strict dieting program. While these weight-loss methods bring the prize home, experts believe there are more natural and healthier methods of losing weight. These methods are way easier to stick with and only require a little tweak to your lifestyle, not a complete lifestyle change. If you are looking for a weight-loss regime that is both easy to stick with and is compelling enough to strengthen your stand on the weight-loss front, then you are in for a treat as this article exposes you to simple lifestyle tweaks that can help you achieve your goal.
- Stay Active. Humans burn more calories while active than when they are at rest. The first principle of losing weight in any weight-loss regime is to stay active. Being active doesn't necessarily involve going to the gym. Try incorporating activities that keep you moving in your daily routines. Walking while talking on your phone is an excellent way to start. You could also walk the dog or get off the bus 15 minutes to your destination. Brisk walking in your new neighborhood is an ideal way to go!
- Thou Shalt Not Skip Breakfast! It is quite unfortunate that most people buy the erroneous idea that skipping breakfast helps you to cut back on your calorie intake. Nothing could be further from the truth. Skipping breakfast increases your appetite throughout the day, causing you to consume more calories. Research shows that people who eat breakfast have lower body mass indexes (BMIs) and perform better than breakfast-skippers.
- Draft a Timetable. It may sound basic, but it is, in fact, one of the crucial steps in losing weight. Having a timetable helps keep your ‘eating rate' in check, especially at night. Be sure to draft the time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and do everything humanly possible to stick with it. Timing will go a long way toward helping you curb late night eating, which wields the power to make or break your weight-loss regime.
- Watch What You Eat. Sure, this is obvious. This tip is just a reminder to watch what you eat. The essence of the regime is to lose weight. And truthfully, the only way to do that is to burn more calories than you consume. Hence, you will have to consume low-calorie diets such as protein-rich diets. Meals with high-fiber contents also do the trick. Be sure to replace unhealthy foods in your pantry with healthy ones. Always pay attention to what you eat.
- Watch How Much You Eat Too. The key to achieving your ongoing weight-loss goals is to burn more calories than you consume. Sticking with healthy (low-calorie) foods is crucial but watching each portion size is just as important. Experts recommend that you ditch big dishware and opt for smaller plates, which will always remind you of your goals and eliminate the feeling that you are starving yourself because the plate would be full.
If you’re looking for that new kitchen to help you with your new healthy lifestyle, reach out to your local property agent to see what’s available in your market.